Wednesday, December 24, 2014

DAY 9 – Sa Nagkukubling Liwanag (Last Part)

"Jesus looked up... and saw a poor widow. And He said, "Truly I tell you, this poor widow put in more than all of them." Lk. 1:1-3

I can relate to the poor widow. I myself am poor.
Yes, I’m also in a moment of poverty or deficiency.
And I believe that it is only God who can best address this neediness of mine. For without Him, I know I will always be poor, remain to be poor.


Without Him, I know I will always be poor emotionally.
I will always find myself seeking for approval and security.
I will always find myself seeking for comfort and attention.
And I will always find myself seeking for love and affection.
Is this ‘EMOTIONAL POVERTY’ your type of poverty?


Without Him, I know I will always be poor spiritually.
I will always be deprived of joy due to my addiction.
I will always be deprived of confidence due to my vices.
And I will always be deprived of life due to my sinfulness.
Is this ‘SPIRITUAL POVERTY’ your type of poverty?


Without Him, I know I will always be poor intellectually.
I will always be incompetent to learn from my past.
I will always be incompetent to prepare for my future.
And I will always be incompetent to make good decisions today.
Is this ‘INTELLECTUAL POVERTY’ your type of poverty?


Lastly, without Him, I will always be poor materially.
I will always be lacking in food, clothing, shelter and in health.
I will always be lacking in finances to give enough for my family.
I will always be lacking in resources to help others generously.
Is this ‘MATERIAL POVERTY’ your type of poverty?


Emotional poverty or poverty of the HEART.
Spiritual poverty or poverty of the SOUL.
Intellectual poverty or poverty of the MIND.
And material poverty or poverty of the STRENGTH.


These I believe are the four general types of poverty that all of us are experiencing. And it is only with God’s help, initiative and generosity that these will be filled. For it is only through Him and with Him, that we can love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and with all your strength. Mk. 12:30

And one more thing.
As God fills our poverty with this kind of love for Him, God will also fills us with this kind of love for ourselves and for our neighbors. Mk. 12:31


All in all, God's answer to human poverty is more than wealth and money.
But his unconditional love and generosity!


Wow! Indeed wonderful.
I cannot believe that God will do this for you and me.
But no. More than 2000 years ago, Jesus proved it.
So today, let us believe it. 

For tomorrow you and I will be celebrating it!

Advance inspiring CHRISTmas to you my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment