Sunday, December 21, 2014

DAY 6 – Sa Dulo ng Bahaghari (Last Part)

Peter replied, “Man, I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly. Lk. 22:60-62

I can relate to Peter.
Like him, I betrayed Jesus.
Not only trice; countless times.


Every time I think of ill thoughts, I betray Jesus.
Every time I speak of trouble, I betray Jesus.
Every time I act selfishly, I betray Jesus.
Every time I escape from prayer, I betray Jesus.


Yes, I confess. Many times I disowned Him.
Publicly and even privately
And because of this, I am poor.
I am ‘Peter’. And I am a betrayer.


But many times also that I see Jesus turning to me.
Looking straight at me with the same look He gave to Peter, saying…

“Chad, kasama ka sa aking mga dasal. Hiniling ko sa aking Ama na hindi ka madaig ng tukso. Na hindi ka mawalan ng pag-asa. Na manatili kang matatag sa kabila ng kalungkutang mararamdaman mo kapag itinatwa mo na ako. Oo, itatangi mo nga ako ng tatlong ulit. Ngunit, uulitin ko sa iyo, huwag kang mawawalan ng pag-asa. Naniniwala ako sa iyo, makakabawi ka. At kapag nakabawi ka na, huwag mo ring kalimutan na tulungan na makabawi ang iyong mga kapatid.”

When I hear these words, I cannot help but cry. Cry bitterly.
After awhile… cry joyfully.

Because I see in the eyes of Jesus a ‘Peter’ who is no longer a sinner, but a winner. I see in the eyes of Jesus, a ‘Peter’ who is no longer bitter, but a ‘rejoicer’. I see in the eyes of Jesus, a ‘Peter’ who is no longer in poverty, but in generosity. I see in the eyes of Jesus a ‘Peter’ who is no longer a betrayer, but a leader. That's Peter in the eyes of Jesus. That's you and I in the heart of Jesus.

Indeed, St. Peter who once acted like a betrayer.
Becomes the hope-filled and holy leader.


“And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.” Mt. 16:18

"Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep. John 21: 17

“In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty) and said, “Brothers and sisters, the Scripture had to be fulfilled in which the Holy Spirit…” Acts. 1:15-16

“Then Peter stood up with the eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!" Acts 2: 14-15

Lastly. Listen how Peter started his first letter.
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a LIVING HOPE through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead…” 1 Peter 1:3

Yes, the prophesy and words of Jesus in Luke 22:31 to Peter has come to true. Indeed, Peter became the source of hope for his brothers who like him betrayed Jesus. He became the First shepherd patterned to Christ, the first Pope and ‘hope’ of the Church.

I think at first Peter didn't see this to himself.
I think at first Peter didn't realize this to himself.
It is only because of that ONE STRAIGHT LOOK from Jesus,
That one look of compassion and mercy, that one look of love and generosity.
Has everything started to make sense to Peter.


For Peter knows and accept that in the end he is still loved.
For I believe and accept that in the end you and I are still loved.
That's who we are. In the eyes of Jesus, in the heart of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment