Monday, December 15, 2014

DAY 1 – Kailan Ka Huling Tumingala?

There was a time that ‘look up’ has become the craze of many selfies and groupies in social media. Unfortunately, I’ve never have the chance to take my picture that time so even though it’s already passé, I would like to post my only ‘look up’ picture here. Hope you’ll like it.


But why am I looking up? Obviously, as the theme of our advent recollection suggests, 
I would like to invite you to ‘look up’ with me. 
But why look up? In due time, I’ll tell you.

In the mean time, allow me to ask you a question.
When was the last time you look up? Why?
Kailan ka nga ba huling tumingala at Bakit?

Is it for you to see the grandeur of the sky and of the clouds?
Was that eye-catching bird called your attention?
To see whether your mangoes is ready for harvest?
Is it to check whether it will rain or not?
To enjoy the countless stars and breath-taking moon?
Or you’re having a ‘look up’ groupie with your friends?


Why did you look up?
Why and when did you usually look up?
Is it to look at heaven and to see God?


Yes, whatever your reasons for looking up,
Today, I invite you to look up again and see God.
For only in looking and seeing Him,
That we will have a better vision of ourselves.


Prayer: Generous Father, as I start my advent reflections today, help me to look upon your face for I believe that seeing you will lead me to better understanding of myself. In Jesus name. Amen.

Guide questions for reflection: How can you describe yourself today? According to yourself, who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment