Monday, March 16, 2020

LESSON 2: IT IS OK TO BE ALONE
"In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there.” Mk. 1:35

When was the last time you find enough time to practice solitude?
When was the last time you converse well with yourself?

Social distancing is giving you these opportunities.
Grab it!

Why not?
There are a lot of good things that can learnt better in a distance.
Yes, when you spend some moments with yourself alone.

This is what social media, internet, concerts, online games, and the like sometimes deprive us. And the truth is, a lot of young (even old) people find it difficult to be alone and be silent nowadays.

This is very true to some recollections/retreat I facilitate.
When it’s time to observe silence, some participants insist to talk.
When ask to distant themselves from one another,
Some participants will still find time to stick with his/her classmate.
When ask to read their bibles, they will open their phones and text.

Do you have the same difficulty?
Practice Social Distancing!
Not primarily because you want to be separated from others,
But mainly because you want to be truly close with yourself.




When you're alone, you can reflect more.

When you're alone, you can plan better.
When you're alone, you can pray longer.

As a result, the better you discover who you are and how you will be dealing with other people and your daily activities. 

Jesus promotes this.

In many occasion, Jesus would slip away to the wilderness to pray alone. (Lk. 5:16)
Before he chooses his 12 disciples, He prayed alone. (Lk. 6:13-13)
Before he carries the cross, He prayed alone. (Mt. 26:36)

Remember, It’s OK to be alone.
These days… and every day, take advantage of it!

Let us pray…

Silence

Generous Father,
Thank you for today.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be alone with you.
To have myself being quarantine by your love.
To be lock down in your care and mercy.
Help me to understand and appreciate myself more.
So I can also learn to truly understand and appreciate others.
In Jesus name. Amen.

Guide Questions for Reflection
1. How do I usually converse with myself? How is my self-talk affecting me?
2. What do I want to tell to myself now? Why?
3. What can I do to find enough time to practice solitude/silence?

3 comments:

  1. 1. I usually converse with myself when I need to concentrate to a something. i always say to myself that you ca do it, just concentrate. Self-talk affecting me in a good way because I can reflect things so that if I do bad things I will remember and it serve as a lesson for me. Self-talk serve as a self love because you're not giving time to others but also you're giving time for yourself.

    2.I want to tell to nyself that you do the great job yo day. Continue to pray and always remember to be kind and have courage always because God teached this things to us and we are his child. if you make a sin, correct it and choose to be a good one and a good daughter of God because we are his imago dei.

    3.Every day we can find enough time to practice solitude/silence for example when we are praying this is the time to be in silence and have time for yourself and with God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep inspiring people Bro.Chad and I'm
    very proub to be part of PasaHERO as one of your Facilitator. I'm Inspired. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day sir!

    1. I usually converse with myself when I am alone. I always think if my actions are good or not. Do i tend to hurt kther feelings. Self-talk affects me in a way that it guides me whether my actions is good or not and with the help of self-talk. I can practice myself being independent enough.

    2. I want to tell myself that if you failed, there is no reason to give up. Recover on your problems and do not let your fear defeat you. Try and try until you suceed. This can help to achieve my goals in life.

    3. For me, I can find time with myself in my bedroom alone. Before I pray in the night. Ask my self, do my actions can help me or not.

    ReplyDelete