Thursday, April 17, 2014

When God Died, He Was Thinking About You (Round 3)




Nobody Thinks of Him but He Only Thinks About Us

Congratulations! Indeed, I’m happy for you for allowing God to be the center of your Holy Week 2014 celebration. By the way, how’s your conversation with Him. I hope the Gospel narrative and the questions that I gave you helped more to focus on Him. This time, I would like to share my personal journey with you with the same Gospel. May this reflection help you to have a more inspiring moment with God.

Honestly, while watching it last Sunday, there was a tendency at the beginning for me not to really pay attention.  It is because somehow as a religious educator; I have already read or listened to it for quite number of times now. But as I keep on watching, there is something that bothers me and made me quiet. It is the realization that during his passion- nobody thinks about Jesus. That from the many individual and group of people present during his passion, nobody thinks about Him, about His welfare. All of them were only concerned of his, her or their own agenda. Allow me to present some of the evidence.

The chief priests and elders; concerned only of their tradition and of pride.
Pontius Pilate; concerned of his throne and power. (even his wife; concerned of her sleep)
Barrabas; you know it, freedom of course.
The soldiers; concerned only of orders and of having fun.
The two criminals: concerned of their safety.
The crowd; their just there to see miracles and wonders.

Yes, try to watch the passion narrative again and observe what I shown you here. You’ll see, all of them are only concern of themselves. But wait, there is something more. Something that I would like you to focus more. Kindly look at Jesus. See how he responded to each one of them. Yes, this is what made my cry. Listen to this my friend.  Even though nobody thinks of Jesus during his passion, in return, Jesus only thinks about them. He only thinks of their salvation.

And this started a different Holy Week 2014 journey for me. Having realized that for most of my life, I was also like those who are present in Christ passion - only thinking of myself; only concerned of my fears and of my dreams, my defeats and my triumphs, forgetting most of the time, what really God wants me to be and what I can really do for and with others.   

Because also of this inspiration, this song that I would like to share with you below becomes different. Yes, it is a weeding song. But for me, it’s not only between a husband and a wife. It’s between me and my God. The God who loves you and me, that is why He gave Jesus to you and me generously. My friend, I invite you to listen and be touch by the song. Try to sing it as if you are having a chorus with Jesus. ‘Til next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment