Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Don't Think Positive

"The One who comes from heaven is above all" Jn. 3:31

We always hear people say (or yourself saying) ‘Think positive!’
Yes, it is good but I have a better proposal for you.
‘Think Godly!’

Are these two things different?
Please ask me. Are these two things different?
My answer is a big ‘YES!’

Allow me to put it this way.
Not all Positive thoughts are Godly thoughts,
But all Godly thoughts are Positive ones!

Allow me to tell you two stories.

My friend Jack before feeds his family by stealing. He was a cold blooded thief. One time he shared to me that when he is just starting his tricks, he is very nervous. But because he believes that he needs to do it for his family (Positive Thought #1) He must do it, (Positive Thought #2) and he can do it! (Positive Thought #3) And not only that, he can successfully do it (Positive Thought #4) without being caught (Positive Thought #5). Sounds not good, but nonetheless, Rick is a positive thinker.

Here’s the second story.
I have another friend I called Poy. He’s a politician.
Oops… I will no longer continue the story. For sure you already know the ending. I give you a clue. Jack and Poy are friends.

What’s my point?
It doesn’t mean you’re a positive thinker, you'll have a positive life.
The truth is many people who are involved in crimes are also working on positive thinking. (And the sadder truth is that sometimes, they are more motivated than those people who tries to do good.) 

So, if you are dreaming to have a positive or better still a godly life; don't just think positive, think godly thoughts!

The bible says:  
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Rm. 12:2



The letter of St. Paul to the Colossians added:
 “Set your minds on things above not on earthly things.” Col. 3:2

Again, think godly thoughts.

Now, what I suggest is that you evaluate your positive thoughts if they are also godly ones. What I mean is that; ask yourself if what you’re thoughts now is inspired by God and not only of what people (whom you considered inspiring) are telling you.

Try these two questions.
First, are my thoughts now in line with what the bible is saying?

The Holy Scripture speaks for itself about this:
"All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training for righteousness, so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work." 2 Tim. 3:16-17

Second, are my thoughts now being driven by good intentions and will lead to good actions?

The bible speaks:
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.” Phil.4:8

Those “whatevers” represents godly thoughts.  
And if what you are thinking now is like them, (amidst the challenges and problems you are experiencing) congratulations!  You are not only set to live a positive life but to enjoy a godly life.

Yes, this is my prayer for you my friend.
That you may enjoy not only a positive but a godly life.

Thank you very much for considering my proposal.
Today, think godly thoughts!

P.S. (When your positive thoughts doesn't work, your godly thoughts will.)  



No comments:

Post a Comment