Sunday, February 2, 2014

Your Heart’s Desire

“Now, O Lord, you can dismiss your servant in peace. For you have fulfilled your word and my eyes have seen your salvation.” Luke 2:29-30

If I’m not mistaken, you already heard someone saying something like this:
“Sagutin n’ya lang ako, pwede na akong mamatay.” Or “If I finish this, I can die.” Or “Wow, this is too good to be true, I’m ready to die.” Of course, you and I know that 11 out of 10 people who said these are only joking. And those expressions are meant not to be taken seriously.

But today, I invite you to take it in a different light. To take the following questions sincerely.
Is there someone that you really long to be with; that when you already have him/her, you’ll find your dreams fulfilled? Your life complete?
Is there something lacking in your life today that when you already gain it,
You can conquer the world and you will not ask for more?

In other words, today, I’m asking you to consider your heart’s desire.
What is your heart’s ultimate desire?
That once fulfilled, you’ll not only going to say:
“I’m ready to die” but “I’m ready to live!”
Again, what is your heart’s ultimate desire? What is it?

I hope it’s like Simeon’s…
I hope HE is what your desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment