Sunday, July 7, 2013

Why I Do What I Do?


Almost a year ago, God lead me to something mysterious and serious. Today, I would like to share it with you.
 
Actually, this is the first time I'm going to speak about this ‘revelation’ here in the World Wide Web. I’m not sure if there were writers who have already wrote in this topic but this is something that I personally learned from God.

My invitation to you now my friend is to discover this ‘revelation’ more and to consistently proclaim and apply it in your life.  So to begin, I invite you to get your Bible and read these biblical passages below:  

James 3:16 
1 John 3:16  
John 3:16
 
Were you able to see the connections of these three passages? Obviously, they are all 3:16’s but there’s more.  

Look at this.  
James (3:16) presents to us the 'problem' why our world now is getting worst than ever- it's because of jealousy and selfishness, the "real" root of all evil. On the other hand, John (1 Jn. 3:16) presents to us the 'answer' why the world "still" has a hope- it's by generous giving of oneself, God’s “way” of loving.
 
Yes. James 3:16, speaks about the CAUSE of the world's problem, while 1 John 3:16 speaks about the ANSWER to the world's problem!
 
Coincidence?  I think not. Here's why...
1. James and John are brothers.  
2. James and John (together with Peter) are close collaborators of Jesus. Compared to other apostles, Jesus chooses them to be the primary witnesses of some of His miracles, teachings and special events in life. 
3. The books of James, Peter and John were arranged in the New Testament one after the other like how they were usually addressed in the Gospels. 
4. The book of James, 1 John (and 1 Peter) has the same 5 chapters. (See it yourself) 
5. 1 John 3:16 and John 3:16 speak of the same truth: God loved us by 'giving' Jesus to us. That through Jesus' "self-giving", we were saved!    

I'm not sure if these already surprised you but here's something more.  
Some biblical scholars believe that some of the books of the Bible may not have been written by the "apostles" themselves. They may be written by their collaborators or someone who wanted to be associated with them.  

If they were written by different authors, do they know that their writings complement each other? And do they know that they were not just complimenting each other’s message but also by the "Apostle” they used in ‘naming’ their books. Is the arrangement of the books of James, Peter and John in the New Testament coincidental, or purposive? Did Stephanus (the one who puts chapters and verses in the New Testament books) meticulously planned this? That John 3:16 and 1 John 3:16 will speak the same essence.

These mysteries still surprise me until this day. And you know what, these things made me more convinced and serious. Serious for what? To believe and promote the following:

1. The greatest expression of God's Love is His generosity.
2.  That if we want to change the course of our world’s history, we all need to be generous! There’s no other way.
3.  More than yesterday and far more than tomorrow, generosity is a “Must” for all of us today.

These are the reasons why I do the things I’m doing now. It is not just something that I would like to do but something that God wants me to do. And the mere fact you’re reading this post, I’m very thankful to God that He also reveals this to you. I’m telling you, this is not a coincident that you are reading this now. Like me, God is calling you to proclaim and live His “Generosity way”- The PASAHERO way!

Thank you my friend for being patient with me in this biblical exposition and thank you for your generosity in proclaiming God's love.
 
May our generous God bless you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment