Tuesday, July 2, 2013

No Regret, No Surrender

“Foxes have holes and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.”    Mt. 8: 20

Normally, Jesus will surprise us.
And on our part, we will be amazed.
We will be amazed of how beautiful Jesus is.
We will be overwhelmed how great companion He is.
We will be astonished of how grandeur His love is.

And so with much enthusiasm, we’ll tell him…
“Let me come with you.” “I will go following you.”
Without saying a word, Jesus will normally look at us and will hold our hands. There, we’ll feel more of His great love that we cannot help but close our eyes… Just to feel more, just to savor the moment like we’re enjoying a fresh and wonderful scent.

Then suddenly, as we open our eyes, we find ourselves in the shore line.
Yes, still with the beautiful, grandeur, and great Jesus; but we hardly see Him now.
What we see and hear now is a wide ocean and a loud windy roar.
“An unfamiliar place!” we say.
“Why we're he....?” Jesus knows and so he tells you.
“I’ll be crossing this ocean for the other shore, there I will go.”

“I can’t see the other side Jesus, I’m sure it will be a long trip.”
“Yes, my friend. You can’t see the other shore now, but believe me it’s there.” Jesus answered. “I’ve been there.” He continued.

Now, you can’t hear Him, what you hear is the pounding of your heart questioning… 

“Are we going back? When?
“How about my family?” “How about my friends?” “How about my work?”

Then you feel Jesus giving you a sudden grip of your hand, asking you…
“Will you still want to go?”

Let us pray.
Lord, help me to answer “Yes” to you. Help me to follow you. Help me to sustain the enthusiasm, the joy and my love for you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment