Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A CATastrophic Christmas

“The Word became human and made his home among us.” Jn. 1:14

When I was eight, I have a pet named Kitty. Obviously, it was a cat and like any other female cats she likes to give birth. (I think female cats is born that way). One time she had eight and one of them was a male. I named him Tiger.

Tiger was my favorite because aside from his tiger-like strips, he’s very active and likes to play around. One day, I find Tiger differently, he just want to stay under our Christmas Tree. It was December 24 of 1987. The next day, I find him lying and having hard time to open his eyes. My Mama said he was sick so we gave him medicine. (just trying to help because we cannot afford to bring him to veterinary) I remember getting an Aspilet and diluting half of it. And with a dropper, put a little amount in his mouth.

Our effort doesn’t do much. Still, Tiger didn’t get better. But what makes me really sad during that day was seeing Tiger grasping for his breath and his body becoming stiff like a stone little by little. In the last few minutes of his life, out of pity I find myself talking: “If only I can be a cat, I can really know what’s wrong and I can help you better.” I know it was absurd and impossible but I hear myself praying for that. After a while I was crying, burying Tiger in our backyard. It was really a CATastropic Christmas experience for me.

Now, I remember that self-talk of mine. And I think it was not an original idea.
More than two thousand years ago, someone already thought of that.
Not by a man who likes to be a cat, but a God who likes to become a man.
Not by a man who likes to save a cat, but a God who likes to save man.

I believe it was more absurd idea than mine but just the same, He done it.
Just to make Him understand my situation better.
Just to make sure that He can help me better.
Just to make sure you and I can live forever.

What more can we say?
Praise to our loving and generous God!

An inspiring Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment