Friday, October 21, 2011

(TGFM) Thanks God for Mathematics!

I hate math.

But that was before.

Today, I love God for giving us this “weird” thing and I want to kiss and hug all my math teachers (group hug please!) who patiently introduced me to this “crazy” world.

Yes, I considered it "weird" and “crazy” before because I taught it’s a waste of time studying binomials, polynomials, trinomials, etc. for it has no use in my daily affairs. “Kailangan ba ang trigonometry ‘pag bumili ka sa tindahan o kaya sumakay ka sa jeep” this is what I sarcastically tell to some of my friends who, like me always tremble when it’s time for math.

How I wish my math teachers are always sick (sorry ma’am, sorry sir) or the principal calls for an emergency meeting just for us not to hold class (sorry sa mga classmate kong favorite ang math). It’s also funny to remember how I wish once that I am an alien with hundred fingers ( in both hands and feet) to help me do the addition and multiplications.  Or an the invisible man during recitations. 

Naranasan mo ba 'yung math game na dalawa kayong tatayo sa likuran ng room tapos nasa harapan ung teacher na may hawak na  flashcards at mag-uunahan kayong sagutin ang  problem na ipapakita nya?  Ang goal ng laro ay una kang makapunta sa harapan ng room sa pamamagitan ng mabilis na pagsagot. Isang mabilis na sagot, isang mabilis na hakbang. Pero para sa akin noon,  wala itong ibang goal kundi pahiyain ako sa klase.  How I wish I was never born every time I'm in that kind of situation kasi palagi akong naiiwan at natatalo ng aking kalaban. Na trauma talaga ako sa math dahil sa activity na ito.

Worst, to cover my weakness in math, I will also do everything just to get answers in my  examinations. Nan d'yan ang mangopya, gumawa ng kodigo sa papel, sa kamay, sa arm chair, sa gilid ng upuan, sa likod ng upuan, sa upuan ng may upuan, sa uniform, sa panyo, sa sahig, sa pader sa black board, kahit saan basta makakuha lang ako ng sagot sa math (sorry po Lord)

These is how I treat Math before.

But today, I already appreciate Math (especially if there's a lot of beautiful numbers in my accounts) and love God for creating this science.

And here’s the reason why.

104                                 162
- 98                              x   10  
    6                               1620

    6                                1620       
x 27                                x 27
 162                            43740

  162                            43740  
 x 12                               x 12
1944                          524880

 1944                         524880
  x 28                             x  28
54432                    14696640


Maybe you’re thinking what these numbers are. They are not my lucky numbers and unfortunately not a good formula for picking numbers if you’re addicted playing Lotto.  These numbers are simple calculations (syempre gumamit ako ng calculator sa pag compute n'yan) of how inspiring and powerful the habit of a pasahero is.

I will share more the details next time. 

Thank you.

May you always be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment