Thursday, September 5, 2013

Don’t Settle

“The old is good.” Lk. 5:39

“The old is good.”
I used to believe on this before without realizing that- the "new is something better."

What I mean is that, before, I usually settle for old activities, old places, old behaviors, old emotions and old thoughts. I don’t usually try something new, do something different, and think something fresh. Most of the time, it’s because I was used and safe with them and I just want to be in my comfort zone.

But I learned from a friend that staying in your comfort zone will get you nowhere. That if I settle, be comfortable and just be satisfied with what I have, I can never discover and reach my true potential. And if I can never reach my true potential, I deprive myself (and the world) of the immense gift that my Creator has given me.

Indeed, if I want to grow, be generous and be my and God’s best,  I must allow myself to experience new and fresher activities, visit new places, try to do things differently, nourish positive emotions, and think positive thoughts. Bottom line- I need to overcome my fear and to trust more.

Now, to tell you honestly, there are times that I still tempted to believe that “the old is good” and “the old is safe”. That it would be hassle free if I will just stick with my routine. But the thing is- I choose to be different every day, to grow every day, to be fresher every day. After all, God is giving me a new and a fresher day each day.

Don’t settle my friend. Have a new and vibrant day every day.

May God bless you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment